Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Creamy Italian Chicken

At this VERY moment I am attempting to make a pretty easy recipe in my crock pot.  It's a creamy Italian dressing chicken sort of deal.  It only has chicken, Italian dressing mix, water, cream cheese, and cream of chicken.  I'm using this recipe as a sort of road map.

Now I woke up quite late today due to the fact that it's spring break.  So I didn't start defrosting the chicken until one this afternoon.  Whoops.  And I put everything together at around five so... dinner at ten!  Also I feel like I may have used the wrong dressing mix, so we'll se how it works out.

I'll keep ya posted!


- - - Update: 7:15

So far so good.  I took the chicken out and shredded it.  And then I added like a cup of milk.  'Cause I felt like it.  I was hoping it would maybe dilute it cause it was pretty salty.   But soon I'll start to cook the noodles and we'll taste the final result!


- - - Update: 830

Well we ate it.  I thought I had a box of bowtie noodles but it turns out I only had like a third of a box.  So I took some of my roommate's angelhair noodles... I need to go shopping.  But anyway, it was pretty good!  I don't know if I should have put that milk in.  It was pretty soupy and I didn't let it cook long enough to boil that away.  The chicken was good.  Other times I have had this dish the chicken was totally in pieces.  So I think the fact that I didn't cook it very long made it so the chicken was still pretty solid.  Next time I'll actually get up and defrost early and then have the whole thing cook for much longer.

I love crock pots!

0 comments:

Post a Comment