Monday, May 17, 2010

Wouldn't you like to know.

Whelp.  I'm back.  Let's get the low-down in bullet form. 

  • The first day was Friday.  
    • It took eight hours to get to Virginia.  That is too many hours. 
      • We went through some insane lightening storms - very exciting.  
    • The hotel was livable, but not delicious. 
  • The second day was Saturday.  
    • The breakfast at the hotel was pathetic. 
    • We went to SVU where we supposed to mix and mingle.  
      • We did neither.  
    • The people spoke.  Blah blah blah.  
    • I didn't allow Mother to go on a tour.  
    • We ate delicious food in the dining hall.  
      • I was never really nervous about being unfed at that place.  I knew that they were talented in the arts of food.  
    • We then walked around a little.  
      • Went to the girl's dorms.
        • They have AC - win.
        • They are far from everything else on campus - unwin.
        • I'll have a car - equalizer. 
        • I'll probably have either 2 or 3 roommates - we'll see.
      • We went to the bookstore.
        • It's basically a mini version of the BYU bookstore.
          • Very mini.
          • But just as nice.
        • Nothing like the Fordham bookstore - which was awful.  
        • I got my lanyard. Which is basically the only reason for why I wanted to go SVU. - Check. 
    • We drove around town then went to Wal Mart. 
      • This is where I got my ball.  
        • This was one of the best things that happened to me.  
        • It's a bouncy ball, but the size of your fist.  
        • It's filled with a liquid and blue GLITTER. 
    • We went back to the hotel and rested.
  • The third day was Sunday.
    • We didn't go to church but we went to Cracker Barrel - which was surprisingly good. 
      • This is where I got those little wax bottles with colored liquid.  Very fun.  
    • We then went to my uncle's house with his three cute little girls and their fresh set of twins.  
      • So much fun - plan to return.  
    • Then we went to my grandma's house and rested. 
  • The fourth day was Monday. 
    • Grandma made us an extravagant breakfast  - miles better than the hotel breakfast. 
    • Grandma gave me this water thing which I forgot I'm trying out right now.  Better go check it out. 
      • A majority of the water was boiled away.  Good thing I checked.
    • Then we left.  
      • Made pretty good time - five hours.  
    • Now I'm catching up on things - not doing my homework.  
    • And tonight I have to go to an awards thing.  
      • Waste. Of. Time.
Overall, it was a good trip.  Let's just say that I had bacon ever single day we were gone.  Good deal. 

2 comments:

Caitlin Fischetti said...

you are the funniest person I know. and I wish I was going to SVU so bad

marialuigi said...

I'm so glad you don't spell "college" wrong...like "collage"...that would be bad. I loved the bullet points...more than you know. MORE! Of everything. Oh...and your Uncle Matt and I LOVE us some Cracker Barrel...some awesomely fun memories and fun. Ask him sometime about how we would sit in the rocking chairs out in the front of the restaurant and digest our hefty meals...one can rock away calories.

Post a Comment